Meredith had her time in the hospital last summer. Now it was my turn. On Tuesday evening I could feel my umbilical hernia 'twinging' like it does on occasion. Well, as the night went on the pain got wose, so I self medicated at home, it helped for a while, but when it wore off I couldn't handle it anymore and took myself to the hospital in Creston. The doctors here have not had to deal with my hernia yet, and thus weren't sure if it WAS my hernia giving me problems again, maybe it was my gallbladder (could be possible, I guess). So I was given some medicine for the the pain and for nausea and was then put in the back of the ambulance and on my way to Cranbrook for either ultrasound or CT. Well, when I got there the surgeon met me right away and ordered a CT. So I got to drink some yummy stuff...and wait. Which was no problem as all wanted to do was sleep. So after a few hours I had to drink more CT stuff and then I was escorted to the CT room. My first. Did well, didn't have to put my head in so my claustrophobia didn't kick in. Plus with all the stuff that was in me already I don't think I would have cared. It took awhile for Dr. Aleem to get the results. When he did it showed that I had some free fluid in my pelvis so maybe it was a burst ovarian cyst (I didn't know I had any cysts there...but I guess I do!). So then I had to wait for the Gynecologist on call to come and see me (I tried to tell them that wasn't the case...that it was my hernia as I have had this before...but they wouldn't listen). So after he checked me he said that it wasn't a burst ovarian cyst...(haha...told ya) but that the free fluid in my pelvis was just maybe a small ovarian cyst that was leaking. SO...Dr. Aleem came and saw me again and we scheduled surgery for December before Christmas break. So that way Christina and Shayne are home and can help me around the house. As the day went on (and on, and on, and on) I felt much better and couldn't stand laying on the bed or sitting anymore. The nurses were really nice and let me walk around. Well, then after all was said and done I had to wait for the ambulance to take me back to Creston. Well, the ride home wasn't has smooth as the ride there. This time I wasn't drugged, plus, I had some pudding in my tummy. SO did get quite nauseous during the ride, but never did throw up. Once I was back in Creston I got to lay on the ER cot some more til I quit moving and my tummy decided to stay where it was at. Got my IV out and was on my way home.
What about the kids? Well, Shawn had to cancel his clinic yesterday and took care of the kids. All was well when I got home. The kids said they missed me and hoped I was feeling better. Vincent was upset at me because I got to ride in an ambulance and he didn't. OH! And that they didn't turn on the siren to let them know that we were passing by the house. (the highway runs at the bottom of our land)
Today am feeling much better. My tummy muscles are a little tender and sore, like if you did 500 set ups. Still tired and little nauseated, yet, but will survive. I did before. Twice. So will let all of you know when the surgery will be in December.
PS There are no pictures with this post as they would have been TOO scarey...even for Halloween standards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Glad to know you are feeling better
Verna
hoping you're feeling better.
Post a Comment